Food 4 Schenectady
محلية وسفر | 4.1MB
Welcome to our FOOD 4 SCHDY app that will help you identify, locate, get directions to and contact a wide array of food vendors, grocery stores, convenience stores, community meal sites, locations where you can purchase produce, and much more – all from vendors and locations in Schenectady County, NY.
While this app can be used by and should be useful to anybody, we took special care to include food resources important to those in economic distress by including comprehensive information about SNAP vendors, Food Pantries, Community meal sites, and Summer Lunch sites.
The Food 4 Schdy app uses the database for the sicmfood.com website to locate these food resources in Schenectady County. This website was developed by the Food Insecurity workgroup as part of activities stemming from a community health survey conducted by UMatter Schenectady in 2013.
The workgroup was greatly assisted in this development effort by Robert Yoder, an information technology professor at Siena College, and was supported by Schenectady Inner City Ministry (SICM), Ellis Medicine, Schenectady Community Action Program (SCAP), The Schenectady Foundation, and the City Mission of Schenectady.
Funding was provided by Schenectady County Public Health Services through a Partnerships to Improve Community Health (PICH) grant from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Search locations based on categories or keywords.
- Quick links to call, visit website or get directions to the target vendor/site.
- Filter your results by bookmarking them as favourites - displaying your often visited results quickly.
- Able to function fully offline, while updating the data when allowed or when connected to a wifi network.
Required permissions description:
- Internet connection - for Google map and food resources downloads
- Location/Accounts - Google map requirement for displaying user location
- Storage access - Google map caching
- Network/wifi state - for the "download on wifi only" functionality
نظام الأندرويد المتوافق: Android4.0 or later